According to a recent report from Spiceworks on "The 2019 State of IT,"
business revenue is on the rise and IT budgets are expected to grow or
remain level in 2019. Ahead of IT Financial Management Week, taking place this April 24-26 in Chicago, we created a breakdown of IT spending trends in 2019 and analyzed how these trends impact IT financial management.
We spoke with a few members of our speaking faculty to address the following questions:
- What are the most frequent challenges that arise between IT and finance departments?
- How can we best tackle these challenges?
- What advice would you offer to professionals looking to build a strategic partnership between their IT and finance departments?
If you enjoy reading this, be sure to join us in April!
What does it take to be a CFO of IT in the digital age? To find out, we partnered with our past speakers to develop the “DNA of CFOs of IT” to showcase the top 10 skills and capabilities current and aspiring CFOs need to possess in order to thrive in the digital age.
Ahead of the 2019 IT Financial Management Week, we asked our past speakers to share their top 5 trends that drove ITFM strategy in 2018. Find out what they submitted in this infographic.
Ahead of the 14th Annual IT Financial Management Week, we surveyed our community of ITFM executives to shed light on the current state of ITFM practices, key investment areas for 2018 and how the industry is evolving in response to the digital age.
- % of revenue spent on IT in 2017
- % of IT budgetdevoted towards "Grow the Business" vs. "Run the Business" investments
- Functions that spend the most on IT
- Top ITFM Investment areas