Workshops: Monday, 4 March 2019
Monday, March 4th, 2019
Catering to growth and the demand for improved systems, this workshop will address terminal simulation software and its application.
Kenan Aldemir and Shane Freeman will deliver an in-depth look on how ports can effectively develop their skills in terminal simulation, which will provide ports and engineering groups greater certainty and accuracy in the long term.
This workshop will cover the following areas:
- The technical approaches to the development of terminal simulation
- An understanding of transit times and queuing within terminal simulation
- Identifying issues and addressing these effectively
Conference Day Two: 6 March, 2019
Wednesday, March 6th, 2019
With the need for improved port optimisation and infrastructure development, Kenan Aldemir and Shane Freeman will co-present a case study on the work they have done to optimise port operations and improve freight transportation.
With a strong focus on simulation projects and the design of prominent container terminals in Australia, it is here they will discuss how ports can improve their assets for long term maintenance.
- Implementing strategic frameworks to improve the facilitation of trade
- Improving the commercial provision of infrastructure and services
- Focusing on the protection of wharfs and surrounding port structures