Housing & Residential Development Forum Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 17 April 2019
Wednesday, April 17th, 2019
10:05 AM EMBRACING TECH - How next-gen digital technologies such as AI and robotics can generate more profit in future housing developments
This session will focus on how real estate and the construction industry focus on latest technologies like AI and robotics to facilitate faster and safer construction methods.
- How is future tech impacting real estate construction processes
- Insight into how investment today on technologies can deliver strong ROI for the future
- The international angle - What UK PLC is doing regarding housing and the potential for Modern Methods of Construction to improve productivity, safety, whole life value, efficiency?
Day One Plenary Sessions: Tuesday, 16 April 2019
Tuesday, April 16th, 2019
9:50 AM EXECUTIVE THINK TANK: TAKING BIG DATA TO THE NEXT LEVEL- How can cities better utilise big data to improve smart services and understand the needs of citizens and visitors?
The global big data market is expected to reach USD 123.2 billion by 2025* (Source, Grand View Research, Inc.) By 2020, we will create approximately 44 trillion gigabytes of data each year. From placing millions of sensor across cities to implementing open data initiatives, cities are increasing efforts to transform urban data into smart cities information. The key challenge cities are faced with when it comes to big data is how to make sense of it.
- The edge VS the cloud
- Defining edge computing opportunity
- Innovative tools that cities can use to make sense of big data toimpact change?
- How cities can use AI to make data driven decisions for their residents?
- How can we empower citizens to leverage open data to resolve key city urban challenges
• What are the key qualities and components of future Mega Cities,
• How a robust and resilient master planning framework can future proof developments,
• Can infrastructure control the balance between built environment and natural systems,