Senior Lead Digitization
Port of Rotterdam
Port Development Middle East Forum Conference Day One: Tuesday, 16 April 2019
Tuesday, April 16th, 2019
2:30 PM INDUSTRY SPOTLIGHT - PORT OF ROTTERDAM: Automating ports of the future: Insight from Europe’s busiest port on improving port efficiency via automation
The Port of Rotterdam achieved a throughput of 232.8 million tonnes in the first six months of 2018 and is considered a global pioneer in the field of innovation. Hear them discuss the key aspects of automation.
- How automation has helped the Port of Rotterdam save time and costs while reducing risks
- What are the challenges faced during the process of automation?
- Is the human thinking aspect an advantage over the less versatile automated processes?
- Does automation have a detrimental impact on the employment rates and economic growth?
Capitalise on the features of additive manufacturing at ports as the technology advances towards printing equipment and vessel spare parts. Easy accessibility to parts has a significant impact on downtime and turnaround times. Find out if this technology is a fit for your port.
- Does 3D printing apart maintain the integrity of the asset?
- How 3D printing can potentially save on replacement cost and time