Nidal S. Odeh
Regional Lead- Bridges and Civil Structures - KEO INFRASTRUCTURE
KEO International Consultants
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 17 April 2019
Wednesday, April 17th, 2019
12:30 PM Safety First! The road towards achieving Vision Zero and elimination traffic fatalities in cities
The World Health Organization (WHO) predicts that road traffic injuries will rise to become the fifth leading cause of death by 2030. The Vision Zero strategy across countries is driving the approach to minimize fatalities from road traffic accidents. It is important to understand what this means for the changes in current safety standards and protocols.
- What are the new solutions and road safety initiatives to improve driver behaviour?
- Are autonomous vehicles and smart mobility contributing to Vision Zero?
- How to use analytics to identify patterns and problems
- What new law enforcement initiatives will help to change the speeding culture
Day One Plenary Sessions: Tuesday, 16 April 2019
Tuesday, April 16th, 2019
• Identifying key challenges and opportunities in PPPs: ensuring successful collaboration among domestic and international investment vehicles
• Addressing the legal and contracting processes behind successful PPPs to promote entity cohesion
• Identifying and providing attractive financing methodologies in order to improve transport infrastructure investments
• How to engage private sector firms, such as operators, in order to improve collaboration on PPPs