Conference Day 2
Wednesday, October 30th, 2019
• The role of superconductors in future electric aircraft
• Conventional technology will struggle to meet the required power to mass ratios.
• Programs currently under way will demonstrate a step change in power to mass ratios for
• All-electric aircraft equals more electrical power
• Power can be increased by increasing current and or voltage
• Higher voltages require new standards and voltages cannot be raised indefinitely.
Higher currents are provided by superconductors