Conference Day One: Wednesday, 21 August 2019
Wednesday, August 21st, 2019
1:50 PM Being Innovative With Physical and Digital Spaces To Successfully Reach Students with Limited Funds
With cost constrains a major concern for most libraries seeking to redevelop and refurbish, effectively managing available funds is vital to achieving this goal. In this session, TAFE Queensland discuses strategies to cut costs and solve challenges around using limited funds to apply change. This will be examined in line with previous case studies and their shortcomings and successes.
- Learning what resources take up the most funds when applying change
- Managing funds and knowing where to cut costs
- Understanding what is user friendly for students and how to apply those features
Pre-Conference Workshops: Tuesday, 20 August 2019
Friday, September 20th, 2019
In this workshop, Angela Orth from TAFE Queensland Library Network examines the various steps they are taking as they seek to transition their service to suit the modern era. An important element of this improvement process is to ensure current operations are not ignored in order to retain customers. In this workshop Angela will examine the challenges of maintaining daily operations as they strive for improvement.
- Understanding what are the key focuses in a library retrofit project
- Learning what library operations are compromised in the improvement process
- Determining strategies to maintain customer engagement during periods of change through space diversification