Education Officer Participation and Learning
State Library of Western Australia
Conference Day One: Wednesday, 21 August 2019
Wednesday, August 21st, 2019
This session explores the business process reengineering required to use digital to deliver membership, and the design involved in supporting improvements to the experience of joining the Library from anywhere at any time.
- How customers have responded to the introduction of self-service kiosks
- Understanding the process of moving from plastic cards to digital delivery
- Determining challenges were faced and what would be done differently next time
Conference Day Two: Thursday, 22 August 2019
Thursday, August 22nd, 2019
3:20 PM University of Western Australia: Examining How The Library Has Changed To Accommodate Virtual Enquiry Services
As part of the University’s Digital Learning Strategy, the University of South Australia has been actively transforming physical collection into electronic versions since 2011. The approaches that have been taken include the purchasing policy that saw the acquisition of ebooks rise to over 95% of total acquisitions.
- Understand how South Australia University reduces the collection footprint in order to redesign services and repurpose space
- Sharing library space to diversify services offered
- Evaluating the changes and impact of the user experience