Ellil Mathiyan Lakshmanan
SingHealth Patient Advocacy Network
Conference Day Two – 1 August 2019
Thursday, August 1st, 2019
2:55 PM Provider & Patient: How to Foster Understanding, Trust and Acceptance to Transform Health Outcomes
- Cracking the code on the provider-patient relationship: What can be done to elevate healthcare delivery and outcomes?
- Creating a good interpersonal relationship, facilitating exchange of information and including patients in decision making to achieve best outcomes and patient satisfaction
- Engaging in active listening and empathy to build good communication for better collaboration
4:35 PM PANEL: Perspectives from Patient Support Groups – Understanding Needs, Delivering Empathy and Improving the Delivery of Care
- Understand the true needs of patients and defining what constitutes patient-centric
- Exploring pitfalls in patient-centred care delivery and how healthcare providers can bridge that gap
- How can providers connect and empathise with the personal experience of being a patient?