Conference Day One: Monday, 22 October 2018
Monday, October 22nd, 2018
- Partnership opportunities
- Trade Globalisation or Investment Regionalisation? The impact on Middle Eastern seaports
- Collaboration with private sector - Shippers as drivers of a sustainable supply chain
- Digitisation and developing the port of the future
- Impact of game changers and drivers on the port industries
2:30 PM HARBOUR SIDE CHAT: What effect is the consolidation of shipping lines having on port capacity and how can the Middle East ensure competition in the market?
- How is digitisation leveling the playing field for ports, shipping lines and cargo stakeholders?
- Landside customer versus shipping lines: How can ports capitalise on the landside opportunity whilst still remaining attractive to shipping lines?
- How are trade patterns expected to change and what effect is this going to have on Oman’s port capacity?
Conference Day Two: Tuesday, 23 October 2018
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018
9:25 AM Ensuring the financial viability of ports: Harnessing the landside opportunity through digitisation, integration and collaboration
- Enhancing revenue stream in non-quayside activities
- Using digital technology to provide value to landside customers and cargo owners
- The role of data in achieving port and landside integration
- Optimising logistics and traffic flows using IoT