Chief Executive Officer
Health Facility Design and Development: Plenary Day One - 28 November 2018
Wednesday, November 28th, 2018
10:10 AM Panel Discussion: The Age Question: How Are Our Healthcare Facilities Responding to the Needs of an Aging Population?
The world is experiencing a global aging boom. According to studies, by 2030 there will be 34 nations including Australia where more than 20% of the population is over 65, classifying Australian as a super aging nation. This panel will review the impending trends in aging and how we have addressed the growing demand so far, while focusing on:
- How designers and planners are integrating the needs of senior citizens in the planning of new hospital facilities
- How to do more with our existing facilities?
- How innovation in technology is changing the way care is provided for elderly people
- Federal versus State agenda in health and aged care
- Digital transformation – What it means in terms of translating digital innovation into our facilities