Executive Director – Rockhampton Hospital
Central Queensland Hospital and Health Service
Health Facility Design and Development: Plenary Day One - 28 November 2018
Wednesday, November 28th, 2018
10:10 AM Panel Discussion: The Age Question: How Are Our Healthcare Facilities Responding to the Needs of an Aging Population?
The world is experiencing a global aging boom. According to studies, by 2030 there will be 34 nations including Australia where more than 20% of the population is over 65, classifying Australian as a super aging nation. This panel will review the impending trends in aging and how we have addressed the growing demand so far, while focusing on:
- How designers and planners are integrating the needs of senior citizens in the planning of new hospital facilities
- How to do more with our existing facilities?
- How innovation in technology is changing the way care is provided for elderly people
- Federal versus State agenda in health and aged care
- Digital transformation – What it means in terms of translating digital innovation into our facilities
Health Facility Design and Development: Plenary Day Two - 29 November 2018
Thursday, November 29th, 2018
9:10 AM Opening Remarks from the Chair
2:30 PM Case Study: Improving Clinical Engagement to Reinforce the Alignment between the Strategic Vision, Clinical Services and Infrastructure Planning
Wendy will explore the inherent link between strategic, clinical services and infrastructure planning in relation to Rockhampton Hospital; the “hub” of Central Queensland.
- Infrastructure planning and capacity is challenging progress in developing a streamlined clinical services plan
- Understanding the consequences and chain of events caused by misalignment in strategy and planning
- Overcoming challenges caused by misalignment by improving clinical engagement and having order to the planning to drive a single vision and the capacity for leadership to engage top down, establishing a strong governance framework and having access to the right expertise and knowledge