The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
Successful innovation precincts encourage collaboration and innovation. This promotes sustainable economic growth and job creation and delivers business and social benefits. Recognising this, the Australian Government has published a Statement of Principles for Australian Innovation Precincts to provide best-practice advice on innovation precincts.
The Statement aims to facilitate greater coordination of the significant public and private resources already invested into Australia’s innovation precincts. It has four principles, which emphasise the importance of:
· local leadership in innovation precinct development
· removal of barriers to align policy
· building up capability and connections
· coordinating skills development within innovation precincts.
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science has established the Australian Innovation Precinct Champions to support the Statement. The Champions are working to promote best practice in innovation precinct development through:
· developing engaging and informative content, including insight articles and audio-visual content
· investigating useful tools and metrics to help innovation precincts measure themselves
· holding regular forums and webinars to share learnings amongst stakeholders
· working with Austrade and precinct leaders to market innovation precincts overseas
· advising on innovation precincts, including in urban and regional development initiatives.
Subscribe to the Australian Innovation Precincts Newsletter to stay up to date.
LEARN MORE AT: industry.gov.au/InnovationPrecincts