Pre Conference Workshops: Wednesday, 23rd October 2019
9:00 am - 10:30 am Pre Conference Site Tour! Sydney Cricket Ground
In this tour, you will experience a fascinating journey behind the scenes of the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), Allianz Stadium and the SCG Museum. This precinct is Sydney’s home of sport- where international sporting heroes play cricket, rugby union, rugby league, football/soccer and Australian Football League (AFL). Hear entertaining stories of players, spectators and events as you take in the sporting architecture and ambiance of the SCG and Allianz Stadium.
- Venture behind the scenes of the Sydney Cricket Ground and Allianz Stadium
- Exclusive entry to the SCG Museum, where you can see sporting treasures such as: Prized bats, balls and other cricket memorabilia Rugby, league, football and AFL sporting treasures
- Explore the design features of this historic stadium
*Complimentary for all workshop attendees*
Gail Dwyer-GerrardTour Coordinator
Sydney Cricket Ground Sports Trust
10:30 am - 12:30 pm Fan Experience: Adapting Tradition Models to Increase Engagement through Customer Data
In an era of live streamed entertainment, the question remains of how to engage fans and increase revenue generation at stadiums. This workshop is aimed towards heads of stadiums and facilities and will explore strategies to adapt stadiums for the next generation of users. Specifically areas of focus will include social media, increasing connectivity and developing digital infrastructure.
- Strategies to increase connectivity at Stadiums & Arenas
- Analysing and comprehending customer behaviour data
- Key takeaways to build fan experience at your stadium
Guy HedderwickCEO Arena Stadium Management, Adelaide 36ers and Adelaide Lightning
Titanium Security Arena
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm Fan Experience: Delivering a Fan First Experience and Ensuring Stadium Readiness
Old Tafford Stadium is one of the worlds most famous stadiums with a capacity of 75 635. This session will offer practical examples of engaging with stakeholders and fans to ensure match day readiness.
- Engaging and improving fan experience within the stadiums
- Mapping customer touch points to improve stadium experience
- Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure match day requirements are met
- Efficient planning and juggling of non match day initiatives
Jason JudgeFacilities Manager
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm Stadium Technology: A Guide to their Application and Deciding Which Features to Integrate into Your Stadium
In this session, you will hear practical examples of leading technologies disrupting the stadium industry. In this hands on workshop, David Bailey will discuss leading technologies and discuss the usefulness of each application.
- In depth insight into the latest technologies disrupting the industry such as facial recognition, customer journey mapping, sensors, GPS tracking, Wifi connectivity
- How these technologies can contribute to a better understanding of what your fans are doing
- Exploring how this will affect the privacy of your fans
- Ensuring your stadium technology is compliant with GDPR privacy laws
David BaileyHead of Research & Analytics