Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 17 April 2019
Wednesday, April 17th, 2019
11:45 AM REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER: Esports: How gaming is reshaping the entertainment industry and why your indoor entertainment attraction cannot afford to ignore!
Gaming is now the world’s favourite form of entertainment, it has grown into a multi-billion dollar industry over a few decades, becoming the largest entertainment vertical in the world. Given the surge in access to smartphones, computers and the internet, video games are now a staple in the lives of over 1.6 billion people.
So how does this effect theme parks and entertainment development?
This interactive session will discuss:
- How is gaming disrupting the entertainment sector and why is it essential park operators and entertainment developers take note
- How attractions can partner with gaming companies to deliver an increasingly compelling experience for consumers
- How innovations such as AR and VR will increase the demand for gaming options
- Case study examples of attractions already partnering with gaming such as Universal Parks and Nintendo
1:30 PM TRAILBLAZER PANEL: Thinking outside the (X)box: Driving indoor entertainment centre growth in a convenient home entertainment world
In an era where it is possible to have almost any form of entertainment in your living room whether its through home gaming options such as X box live or web streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu, it has left family entertainment centres wondering what this new found convenience means for them?
This strategic panel discussion will demonstrate innovative entertainment concepts that they cannot find at home to engage all ages and drive footfall to indoor entertainment centres
Senior Leadership should therefore acknowledge:
- Why creating meaningful social interactions are a key ingredient to the success of FEC operations
- How to create value for customers by offering unique, diverse entertainment options they cannot find at home to encourage return visits
- How to tap into the non traditional FEC millennial demographic looking for dynamic and socially engaging experiences
- Learning how to balance active entertainment with the thirst of virtual needs