Conference Day One: Tuesday, 21 May 2019
THE NEXT GENERATION STADIUM
As home entertainment systems are becoming more preferable allowing the fans to watch the action from each and every angle with the choice of replay, football stadiums are stepping up their game into luring people from the couch of their houses. The promise of a pint, the chants of the crowd and the smell of grass are not enough to get the fans unless stadiums become the next-big thing!
9:30 am - 10:00 am STADIA LEADERS EXCHANGE: What Is The Ideal Stadium Of The Future?James Hamilton - Director, Global Host Cities and Sports Venues Turner & Townsend
Collette Roche - Chief Operating Officer, Manchester United Football Club
Jacques Henri Eyraud - Chief Executive Officer, Olympique de Marseille
Henk Markerink - Chief Executive Officer, Johan Cruyff ArenA
Dan Meis - Founder, MEIS
Stadiums are no more just a sporting venue but a multi purpose facility catering to numerous activities and stakeholders. They are an essential part of the community and city too. Creating futuristic, sustainable and multi-purpose facilities have become the new trend for stadium and club owners.
- The future of stadium design, technology, infrastructure and experience
- Converting non-sporting fans to customers of the future and creating a loyal and engaged fanbase
- How technology and trends will impact commerciality, partnerships and broadcast
- Creating sustainable, efficient and commercial strategies for current and future stadiums
Collette RocheChief Operating Officer
Manchester United Football Club
Jacques Henri EyraudChief Executive Officer
Olympique de Marseille
Henk MarkerinkChief Executive Officer
Johan Cruyff ArenA
10:00 am - 10:20 am THE BIG IDEA: Espai Barça! Taking The 600 Million Euro Project Of FC Barcelona To The Next Level By 2023!Miquel Torregrosa - Head of Digital Transformation, FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona, one of the biggest sporting clubs in the world is ready to take their facilities to the next level in the next 5 years. With all the club venues including the iconic Camp Nou stadium under the transformation project, the project will take the club to new levels of efficiency, sustainability, technology and experience!
- Gain insights on the project, timelines, vision and facilities undergoing the changes
- Hear first hand on the experiences, digital technologies and new innovations that will be implemented as part of the project
- Enhancing fan and VIP experience by redefining the digital strategy
Miquel TorregrosaHead of Digital Transformation
10:20 am - 10:50 am Reimagine the in Venue Digital ExperienceKenneth E. Martin - Executive Director Global Sales, Sports and Entertainment, Consumer Industries, Cisco
- Highlighting Cisco’s experience in industry disruption and transformation and how it can impact business and convert disruption into opportunity
- How consumerization of technology has shaped and revolutionised live experiences
- Providing seamless and reliable connectivity a fan can expect in their living room in and around the stadia and events
- How to commercialise and take advantage of analytics and insights from fan behavior to drive new levels of experience, customization and personalization
Kenneth E. MartinExecutive Director Global Sales, Sports and Entertainment, Consumer Industries
10:50 am - 11:10 am WSC Speed Networking: Meet The Pros!
Break the ice with a player handshake between all attendees to kick-start your business networking.
11:10 am - 11:30 am Networking Coffee Break
NEW STADIUM SHOWCASE
Football and architecture should go hand in hand to keep the sense of the real feel. The proximity to the players is a moment only fans can feel in the stadium arenas. Architecture should amplify what is considered to be the stadium of tomorrow.
11:30 am - 11:50 am TECH TALK: High - performance wireless connectivity, a must have pillar to enable top fan experience and full engagement in the steep flux of digital transformationAndrea Casini - Senior Vice President International, JMA Wireless
Andrea CasiniSenior Vice President International
CREATING EXPERIENCES THAT MATTER!
The number one competition stadium operators and clubs face are broadcast channels and new media. Ensuring fans choose the stadium experience over regular broadcast requires experiences and value on top of everything else. New technologies, trends and experiences are upcoming in stadiums to create fan experiences that last and to create fan loyalty and engagement.
12:10 pm - 12:30 pm INTERNATIONAL CASE STUDY: HOSTING A SUCCESSFUL MEGA EVENT: How FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 Achieved Its Mark As The Best World Cup EverMaxim Korshunov - Stadium Manager, 2018 FIFA World Cup Local Organising Committee
Stadium infrastructure, stadium readiness and facility plays a vital role in ensuring smooth operations and execution of events. With the FIFA World Cup going to Russia, the local organising committee had a big task to ensure smooth execution of all the games, with stadium management at the heart of it all. Stadium manager is a position that is in the top of every activity taking place at the stadium - from construction, IT, broadcast and finishing with sustainability and ticketing.
- Gain hands on insights on what went behind executing an event at the scale of a world cup
- How the right design, technology and stadium infrastructure eases organising pressure
- Lessons learnt, and what stadiums for future mega events can improvise on
Maxim KorshunovStadium Manager
2018 FIFA World Cup Local Organising Committee
12:30 pm - 12:50 pm Outcomes of Johan Cruyff Arena’s fan experience programmeSander van Stiphout - Director International, Program Manager Innovation, Johan Cruijff ArenA
12:50 pm - 1:10 pm CASE STUDY: Tracking Footfall Using Sensors For Future Strategies And Business Intelligence: Learning From F1Matt Roberts - Director of Research, Formula 1®
For a sport running on data for years, F1 has recently started to use fans as a source of data for business intelligence strategies, future partnerships and sponsorships. Sensor technology piloted by F1 has enabled research on fan engagement, experiences, anonymous movements and activations, enabling the organisers to create better experiences in the future and precise reports for sponsors and activations.
- Gain insights on the data tracking from the man behind the project
- Engaging fans, enhancing activations and understanding trends from fan footfall tracking sensors enabled by Wi-Fi
- How stadiums can use similar projects to increase partnerships and engagements
Matt RobertsDirector of Research
1:10 pm - 1:30 pm Futuring payments in stadiums with WorldlineRoger Niederer - Chief Market Officer Merchant Services, Worldline
Roger NiedererChief Market Officer Merchant Services
1:30 pm - 1:50 pm Comprehensive Audiovisual Systems -The backbone of a memorable and excitement filled experienceGéza Balogh - Managing Director, INTERTON Group
No doubt, AV and IT ecosystems have become the fundamental part of stadiums during the last decade. It profoundly defines and enhances the visitor experience, but also the quality of the stadium. Therefore, the presentation covers how this phenomenon impacts system design and implementation.
- Advantages of having complex AV and IT system with one unified control surface
- Key components of stadium AV systems
- New trends and technologies
Géza BaloghManaging Director
1:50 pm - 2:50 pm Networking Lunch Break
THE EVER EVOLVING V-I-P
In the increasing demand for the “royal” treatment, every VIP needs to be treated for his loyalty with luxury and an enhanced personal experience. The VIP facility in stadiums gives rise to overall revenue on match days. On other days, the VIP facilities can be rented out for business meetings and corporate events.
2:50 pm - 3:20 pm THE NEW AGE OF MILLION DOLLAR PARTNERSHIPS, SPONSORSHIPS AND REVENUE GENERATIONS: Connected StadiumsBenjamin Steen - Head of Customer Care, Digital Licencing & Stadium, FC Bayern Munich
Dennis C. Thom - Head of Marketing & Sponsoring, Borussia Dortmund
Matt Roberts - Director of Research, Formula 1®
- Creating long lasting and more profitable partnerships using technical infrastructure and connected stadiums
- Developing new ticketing strategies to drive insightful data for sponsors
- Utilising analytics: Use research, insights and data to provide detailed analysis and help sponsors market better
Benjamin SteenHead of Customer Care, Digital Licencing & Stadium
FC Bayern Munich
Dennis C. ThomHead of Marketing & Sponsoring
Matt RobertsDirector of Research
3:20 pm - 3:40 pm ALLIANZ ARENA SHOWCASE - What to consider at the beginning of stadia development to be future proofTobias Winkelmann - Associate Project Director, Herzog and de Meuron
Adaptations and changes during 15 years of Allianz Arena 2005-2020
the session will dive deep into areas that had adaptations and improvements including:
- Increase seating capacity
- Increase security
- Increase parking / infrastructure
- Increase hospitality offer
- Enhancement of technical equipment WIFI etc.
- Increase user experience
Tobias WinkelmannAssociate Project Director
Herzog and de Meuron
LOCKER ROOM SESSIONS
Interactive Discussion Groups (IDGs) are the perfect setting for audiences to come together and discuss their ideas, insights and opinions on specific topics. Each IDG has a leader who will lead the discussion and mention key points that the audience can engage in, creating a platform for interactive conversations and learnings from like minded individuals, from similar work backgrounds, ultimately leading into a thought provoking discussion.
LOCKER ROOM DISCUSSIONS