Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 26 June 2019
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
9:30 AM KEY STAKEHOLDERS PANEL DISCUSSION: How is Africa opening up to this new business model? Public-Private Partnership is now becoming a major trend in the continent. For this reason, it is essential to understand its implications and dynamics
- Getting insights into the new legislations, rules and agreement terms
- What is stopping the PPP framework of the African governments to concretely initiate the projects?
- Does the PPP model require new experts and a higher level of knowledge during the contracting phase?
- Discussing on the efficiency of PPP.
- Emphasising the importance of intergovernmental cooperation
2:30 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: Ivory Coast, Ghana and Nigeria are among Western African countries rise for foreign business opportunities. Unpaved roads, new bridges and railways’ constructions, as well as highways expansion and implementation, West Africa represents one of the most appealing regions for future investments.
How can these be exploited?
- New business opportunities
- National and regional benefits arising from roads development
- Smart exploitation of natural resources to boost the economy and gain competitive advantages
- Discussing future projects and connectivity with the rest of the continent