Ports and Marine Director and Regional Sector Leader, Middle East
Conference Day Two: Tuesday, 22 October 2019
Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019
9:00 AM REGIONAL PRESENTATION: Overcoming land reclamation challenges to expand the Middle East’s port and shipping channels
In order to facilitate the growing demand of shipping lines, Middle East port operators and authorities are expanding their terminals to develop mega ports and ultimately become the port hub of choice in the region.
To maximise the use of available land, typically port expansion projects involve land reclamation however this does not come without its challenges.
This exclusive session will demonstrate the key opportunities of port expansion and how to overcome the challenges of land reclamation
Senior leadership will acknowledge:
- Key considerations in dredging and land reclamation for port development and considerations on port traffic
- Ground improvement methods for port infrastructure expansion
- Overcoming the operational barriers to achieving the desired efficiency of mega vessels
- Using automation to optimise quay crane and yard productivity
- Common difficulties in landside activities and yard activities to handle mega vessels