Digital Healthcare Day One: 27 March, 2019
Wednesday, March 27th, 2019
Could Artificial Intelligence replace your doctor? Consisting of two teams of three, this session will address some of the industry's most contentious topics in an entertaining new format!
3:10 PM Clinician Appearance: Put Yourself in the Clinician’s Shoes to Embrace Change with the Clinician
Clinicians can be stubborn, resist change and be anxious about their future when we change models of care. But we are all in the same boat – to improve care given to patients. It’s important to engage and motivate clinicians on an individual and team basis while moving to a patient centred approach. Learn:
- How to engage a GP (and group of healthcare professionals) to change a model of care delivery when they might not see the need to change!
- How technology/ data and evidence-based medicine promote changes in delivery of primary care to a patient centred model with a team based approach to care
- As we shift to being more patient than clinician centred, will GPs still have a major role to play?
Aged Care Day Two: 28 March, 2019
Thursday, March 28th, 2019
3:20 PM Operational Efficiency: Home Care Trial for Chronic Disease Management – Embracing a New Model of Care
Health Care Homes is a change in funding for patients with chronic disease. It allows for a lump sum monthly payment to enable and encourage a team approached model of Patient centred care. Kevin will discuss:
- Whether it is funded correctly
- The main issues preventing engagement and patient numbers intended by Government
- If it will improve patient outcomes
- If the GPs and other members of the Primary care team will embrace these changes
- What the future holds for home care and patients with chronic disease