Dr Michael Bonning
General Practitioner, Chief Medical Officer and Chair
Australian Medical Association (NSW)
GPs and Primary Healthcare Day One: Wednesday, 30 September 2020
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
PANEL: What role do GPs have in the Response to Epidemics?
The outbreak of the coronavirus across China and other counties highlights the importance of preparing for future health epidemics. This subject will be explored in this expert panel discussion, focusing on the following:
• What role do GPs play in reducing the risk of public epidemic outbreaks?
• Are Australia’s GPs prepared for an epidemic?
• What measures can we take to strengthen our response?
• What are the key challenges GPs face in dealing with this risk?
GPs and Primary Healthcare Day Two: Thursday, 1 October 2020
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
Primary Care has the potential to use its longitudinal data for the significant betterment of patients and the community as a whole, however there are significant challenges for secondary use of patient data that must be overcome. To transform and utilise this data, you need safe, consistent and functional frameworks for the secondary use of patient data, underpinned by good clinical governance to support patients and practitioners in making better health choices guided by evidence.
Michael will get you thinking about the following three questions:
- How do you manage appropriate secondary use of data?
- How do you develop better systems within primary care?
- How do you transform primary care from a responsive patient driven service to a proactive patient-centred service?