GPs and Primary Healthcare Day One: Wednesday, 30 September 2020
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
PANEL: What role do GPs have in the Response to Epidemics?
The outbreak of the coronavirus across China and other counties highlights the importance of preparing for future health epidemics. This subject will be explored in this expert panel discussion, focusing on the following:
• What role do GPs play in reducing the risk of public epidemic outbreaks?
• Are Australia’s GPs prepared for an epidemic?
• What measures can we take to strengthen our response?
• What are the key challenges GPs face in dealing with this risk?
2:00 PM INTERACTIVE SESSION - Panel Discussion: Emerging Apps that are Disrupting and Enabling General Practice
With 79% of all Australians own a smartphone, while six out of 10 Australian mobile consumers own multiple mobile devices, the possibilities presented by mobile health are exciting, but care must be taken when implementing it in general practice.
This panel will discuss:
- Innovative mobile health solutions that are transforming the way GPs manage patients with chronic disease, including self-care monitoring, self-education and fitness apps/ wearables
- The privacy breach debate: How much of our privacy are we willing to give up for apps that lack scientific validation?
- Whether apps are improving clinical health outcomes, with examples of international best practice for health management apps from the US
2:30 PM How Next Practice’s Next Generation Business Model for Primary Care is Supporting Doctors in Entrepreneurship
Next Practice introduced Australia’s first licenseebusiness model to primary care, allowing practitioners to independently run their business with the reassurance of a larger team supporting them. Using state-of-the-art technology and a personalised approach to care, their mission is to eradicate the assembly line approach to healthcare and improving experiences for doctors and patients alike.
Learn how to achieve business excellence, with insight into:
- What makes Next Practice clinics unique and lessons learnt in the implementation journey, including the build of state of the art, purpose built technology, modern management software, smart medical devices and innovative clinic design
- How technology can pave the way for a brighter future and benefit doctors and patients by driving patient empowerment and reducing administrative burdens faced by practitioners
- Future-proofing: What does the future of primary care hold and how do you prepare for it now? Simon will explore what technology should you be aware of now and looking to integrate within your clinic