Nursing and Midwifery Day Two: Thursday, 1 October 2020
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
2:00 PM INTERACTIVE SESSION: Panel Discussion: How to Maintain the Human Element in Nursing & Midwifery Care in an Increasingly Digital Environment?
Some of the basics of nursing & midwifery care hasn’t changed, despite the changing digital environment. It’s important to remember that the critical basics of personal care are of equal or more importance to patients as digitallyadvanced experiences.
This panel will discuss:
- Why technology should be seen as an enabler to assist better personal care; not as a replacement
- How technology needs to be in harmony with hands on nursing
- Patient-centric strategies for wellness, including net-promoter scores through weekly patient surveys that reports on the metrics of satisfaction and promotes individualised care
2:30 PM Top Tips for Building Confidence and Feeling Empowered in the Nursing and Midwifery Profession
Nurses often state that they do not feel empowered by management when decisions need to be made. So what can you do when you feel disempowered? Kathleen share her top tips for building confidence and feeling more empowered at work:
- Define what success and happiness looks like: Knowing your passion and taking steps to embrace it, no matter how small the steps, will give you greater control and inner power
- Let go of fear: Fear could be the single most critical barrier between you and a life of contentment
- Embrace chaos: Comfort is the nemesis of progress. Disruption can be the sign of important changes about to present themselves and good things often come in unexpected ways