Senior Executive Officer – Workforce Strategy and Planning
Danila Dilba Health Service
Healthcare Workforce Day One: Wednesday, 30 September 2020
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
12:30 PM INTERACTIVE SESSION - Panel Discussion: Attracting and Retaining Talent to Meet the Future Demand for Skilled Health Professionals
Australia’s healthcare industry faces challenges of employee scarcity, education and age demographics in relation to attracting and retaining, health and medical professionals. This panel discussion will explore different ways to improve the future of employment that is unique to the healthcare industry.
Learn how to:
- Close the knowledge gap between recruited graduates and older workforce
- Create roles that are flexible and enticing benefits packages to attract talent
- Develop relationships with local educational institutions to recruit the right talent
- Diversify the experience levels of your employees during the recruitment process
1:00 PM Providing Employment Pathways to Promote the Healthcare Sector as a Career Path for Indigenous Australians
Danila Dilba Health Service delivers a range of primary health services to about 80% of indigenous population in the region. They have changed the organisation structure to create better opportunities for Indigenous Australians in rural and remote areas through the promotion of the healthcare sector as a career path.
Learn how to:
- Promote the healthcare sector as a career path through the development cultural competency programs to further to train and upskill the Indigenous Australian workforce
- Support career growth by providing flexible employee pathways internally in clinical and non-clinical roles
- Establish Indigenous specific healthcare services which are managed by Indigenous Australians to support their community and culture
Women In Leadership: Thursday, 1 October 2020
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
For women to be more empowered in the workplace, it is crucial to have structured mentorships where women can learn from each other. This is one of the best ways to build sustainable female leadership. Having a structured mentoring program at Danila Dilba Health Service, Sulal will reflect on the value of mentorship and how it helped Danila Dilba to help women achieve:
- Self-recognition – celebrate the wins when pursuing a goal by identifying key measures for success and put them in achievable bitesized chunks
- Self-awareness – identify your strengths and weaknesses to help you develop an action plan and ideate about what you will become
- A strong network of like-minded people and inspirational leaders: It’s not what you know but who you know!
- Gateway to increased confidence through improved skills and developed leadership competencies
2:00 PM INTERACTIVE SESSION - Panel Discussion: Say Goodbye to Rigid Hierarchical Patriarchies! Building a Culture that Supports the Next Generation of Female Leaders
Healthcare at its core remains rigid, hierarchical and male-dominated, which drastically needs to change if it is to support the next generation of female leaders. Greater opportunity, respect, diversity are key elements for improving workplace culture.
This panel will discuss each in turn and the important role female leaders play to drive this shift:
- Opportunity: How can you promote greater opportunity in the workplace?
- Respect: Everyone is deserving of respect, no matter their age or level of experience
- Diversity: Greater diversity in age, culture and gender is important for varied opinions and a richer team and culture