Pre-Conference Workshop Day: Monday, 30th April 2018
Monday, April 30th, 2018
Risk Management to a large extent involves human psychology and decision making processes. Communication is crucial to influence and create a culture that considers riskbased decision making. This workshop will build on practical solutions and methods to develop simpler risk communications. It will demonstrate how risk language can encourage collaborative approaches to increase risk capability.
What will the workshop cover?
- Identifying tools and techniques that can be used to create governance and risk dialogue across the organisaiton
- Understanding the importance of governance processes and agenda setting so that risk management is front and center of the organisation
- Replacing risk jargons to achieve a more effective dialogue
- Collaborative sharing by participants on how they have embedded risk based decision making within their everyday business
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 1st May 2018
Tuesday, May 1st, 2018
4:00 PM CASE STUDY: Engaging in a Risk Conversation at Western Sydney University to build a Proactive Risk Culture
Organisations focus on to improve risk management activities by raising staff awareness and integrating responses to risk in their day-to-day business. To avoid a long journey to achieve a solid risk culture, simplifying risk language is the first step. This allows everyone to share a common understanding of the concepts and challenges of Enterprise Risk Management within the organisation and as such shifts the negative risk management mindset to a positive one.
At Western Sydney University 65% of the Audit and Risk team’s efforts are dedicated to Risk Management activities and strategic risks of the organisation. In this session Aman will discuss:
- How to encourage the openness of risk talk to develop a risk culture that understands your organisations appetite and tolerance
- Understanding the challenges faced when having conversations about Risk and strategies to overcome them
- How to shift the negative mindset about risk to a positive one giving the opportunity to support growth and drive innovation
- Simplifying risk language thereby engaging the board and executive members to make relevant valuable decisions