Interactive Workshops: Wednesday, 29th May 2019
9:00 am - 11:00 am Facilitating a Bright Future for Sydney through Smart & Connected Precinct Developments
The Greater Sydney Region Plan, A Metropolis of Three Cities, and the five supporting District Plans, sets out planning priorities for improving the quality of life for residents as Greater Sydney grows and changes.
In this interactive workshop, Erika Pawley from the Greater Sydney Commission will introduce the Collaboration Areas, an initiative of the Greater Sydney Commission to overcome complex challenges in emerging innovation districts, including connectivity and precinct development. These learning’s and case studies will aid you in the development of innovation precincts.
• Introduction into the Greater Sydney Commission
• Strategies to connect stakeholders and communicate a common goal
• Governance strategies to ensure transparency and the long term success and growth of precincts
• Strategies to develop sustainable and connected precinct developments
Erika PawleyDirector Strategic Planning
Greater Sydney Commission
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Transforming Cities into Living Laboratories through Technology
This workshop will focus on developments in technology and urbanization that have the power to create living laboratories within precincts. This session will explore the variety of tools being development within the Smart City Research Centre.
- “big data” hi tech interfaces and digital analytic tools
- Sydney 3D Economy tool- identifying clusters of specific industries within 3D environments
- Future of mobility within precincts: how can digital technology be integrated within public transport to increase efficiency and collect and analyze transport data
- Exploring how this technology can provide evidence based guidance for policy makers, planners and designers
Chris PettitProfessor of Urban Science