Pre-Conference Workshops: Monday, 25th March 2019
Monday, March 25th, 2019
This workshop will look at how you can adjust the commercial and design strategy of your student accommodation. In this interactive workshop, you will be guided on the residential market and where your student residency should be built for optimum results.
You will also be taught the importance of developing places where students are able linger longer within their accommodation. This, in turn, would contribute to an engaging and meaningful student atmosphere.
- Positioning and designing buildings in spaces with diverse environments and location
- Increasing direct involvement with universities to create seamless spaces and accessibility to campus and city life
- Mixed-use developments: How residential and commercial services work together to deliver worthwhile experiences and convenience for students off campus
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 26th March 2019
Tuesday, March 26th, 2019
In order to predict future trends and cater to the changing patterns of student accommodation, design innovation needs to be considered. Understanding the different aspects that make every university different and catering to the market is one way to future proof this. It is here Ron de Hann will discuss how universities can improve their 2025 vision by ensuring they create residencies that have enough flexibility to adjust to future demands, whilst still remaining relevant to the current student market.
- Understanding how to predict future trends and refurbish student accommodation structures
- Considering the long term benefits of retrofitting to maintain your building’s historic value
- Creating strategies that allows improvements for aging structures