Head of Faculty Technology and Design
Kristin School (NZ)
Conference Day One: Thursday, 14 March 2019
Thursday, March 14th, 2019
Educational environments evolve rapidly to maintain student expectations and stimulate positive learning outcomes. Vacant spaces and new development projects are leaving executives to explore opportunities to transform and utilise aged infrastructures as a result.
- Exploring how vacant spaces occur and the challenges surrounding out-dated infrastructure
- Strategising how to transform and utilise an existing space into an innovative and modern learning environment
- Examining successful projects where transformed spaces broadened learning opportunities and technology was cleverly integrated
Conference Day Two: Friday, 15 March 2019
Friday, March 15th, 2019
Learning fads come and go and as a result many teachers comfortably maintain traditional teaching methods. However, there is now a clear motivation towards allowing flexible learning space designs (balancing traditional and innovative learning) and teachers need to utilise these spaces to maximum effect.
- Defining the purpose and rationale for change: How new models achieve greater outcomes
- Understanding modern students and successfully integrating authentic experiences into the classroom
- Building teacher capacity with professional support and training that promotes collaborative teaching