A recent report Artificial Intelligence in the US Education Sector stated that it is expected that AI in US education will grow by 47.5% up to 2021 and emerging technologies in the form of AI and machine learning are on the verge of drastically transforming educational institutes and the way that teaching and learning is delivered.
With this in mind, this workshop will explore the practical integration of AI and machine learning into the university environment, discussing case study focused examples of current best practice, whilst also looking at future opportunities to transform the ways universities operate and deliver teaching and learning.
The workshops will cover the following learning areas:
- Exploring case study examples of the integration of AI and machine learning into the university environment
- Building the business case – return on investment
- Understanding the tech – exploring the solution provider market
- Examining stakeholder engagement and change management strategies
- Utilising AI tools to help develop skills and testing systems
- Differentiated and personalized learning - Understanding future opportunities to customize curriculum for every student's needs
- What is achievable today to automate admin tasks?
- Risks associated to the rise of AI in higher education (e.g. privacy, inequality & discrimination, cost savings vs. quality focus, monopoly of AI systems)
Senior Higher Education and Training Developer
Charles Darwin University