01 - 02 October, 2019 | Novotel Sydney Central, Sydney, Australia
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 01 October 2019
Tuesday, October 1st, 2019
Dr Paul Barnes, Head of Risk and Resilience at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI), will deliver a presentation on the selected challenges to promoting resilience in and across Australia’s critical infrastructure systems. Within this presentation Paul will discuss options to enhance engagement in national continuity planning and applied riskbased thinking to enable the resilient functioning of dependent and interdependent systems in the face of natural and socio-technical disruptions.
- Understanding how Australian utility and water companies can support a resilience framework for critical infrastructure
- Determining the role of a cohesive risk assessment to reduce downtime
- Ensuring teams have the skillsets needed to address immediate security breaches
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 02 October 2019
Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019
1:50 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: What Does Australia Need to Do to Enhance the Resilience of Critical Infrastructure
This panel will host Risk and Resilience experts to discuss how Australia can enhance their critical security.
- The challenges of securing the IT/OT environment while working with multiple vendors to adopt existing and new technologies
- Balancing ease of use and accessibility and remote access demands in a multi-vendor environment
- Talking to your board to increase the level of security and potential funding