Addis Ababa Bole International Airport, Ethiopia
Conference Day One: Wednesday, 28 August 2019
Wednesday, August 28th, 2019
11:00 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Civil aviation authorities are presently engaged in a number of major expansion plans aimed at increasing the capacity and competitiveness of their airports by up to 40%
How does the future look for Africa in the civil aviation sector?
This session will consider:
- Operations automation and procurement of modern equipment to secure competitiveness
- The importance of country co-operation to increase economy up to 183% by 2030
- Building new terminals, runways, parking space and lounges to accommodate 303 million passenger by 2035 across Africa
- Seeking an extra US$25 billion in airport development plans
2:30 PM Addis Ababa’s Bole International Airport case study: A leading gateway hub with an annual capacity of 22 million passengers and an increase of travel booking set to grow over 40% in 2019
How has Ethiopia achieved such a great result?
- From strategic investments and partnership, airline acquisitions and efficient service delivery, Ethiopia’s aviation sector aims to increase total GDP by 8%
- Automation and hi-tech airport system to reduce operation time up to 60% and increase passengers experience
- The establishment of e-visa on arrival boosting annual travel up to 45%