Pre-Conference Workshops: Monday, 19 August 2019
9:00 am - 11:00 am Combining Latest Investigation Techniques and Intelligence Exchanges to Combat Financial Crime
Financial crime remains a persistent challenge across all industries with 49% of organisations globally saying they’ve been a victim of fraud and economic crime – up from 36%. There is no foolproof method to prevent fraud; however a systematic and meaningful approach to reduce risk using modern techniques and working collaborative with other industries and businesses is key to managing crime in a timely manner when it does occur. Learn from David Cope, the Head of Financial Crime Compliance for Goldman Sachs in Asia Pacific who has over 27 years of experience in the financial crime and anti-money laundering space, both as a Compliance Officer and in Hong Kong law enforcement.
This workshop will focus on:
- Modernising the fight against financial crime with comprehensive AML and investigation strategies
- Acquiring financial data and security intelligence through public‐private partnerships
- Utilising financial crime analytics and automation in transaction monitoring and reporting of suspicious activities
David CopeManaging Director and Head of Financial Crime Compliance
11:30 am - 1:30 pm Deliver Fast and Reliable Identity Verification to Meet Expectations of Customers and Transform Your Business for the Future
Digital identity verification technologies are also becoming increasingly popular internationally as an accepted solution for AML and KYC compliance. It is the most cost-effective way of responding to the demands of an increasingly mobile-first consumer population that wants an easy to use and secure identity proofing experience. Given the rigid AML and KYC regulations, businesses need to explore the best ways to establish strong identity assurance while mitigating the risk of fraud. Learn from Australia Post who has established this strong network and platform and have become a point of trust and preference.
In this workshop, learn about:
- Keeping digital transactions secure with reliable identity verification and building trust
- ensuring the security of confidential customer data while balancing a good customer experience and satisfaction
- Focusing on collaboration and working together to share insights and best practice solutions to outwit evolving crime trends
Jason HolandsjoGeneral Manager
Group Compliance at Australia Post