Pre-Conference Workshops: Monday, 2nd September 2019
7:00 am - 9:00 am How Government Can Establish Effective Mechanisms to Remove Complex Layers In a Manner That Works Best For Their Constituents
Change the Way you Interact With Clients and Small Businesses
As we pave our way into the digital future, it is important to think beyond digital experiences and that Innovation is not technology. It’s a state of mind.
This workshop will be a deeper dive before Xavier's keynote session to clarify how you can design an innovative government that is easy to interact with.
Xavier will take you through the questions, process and structure required to transform your digital government.
Join us in this practical workshop to refresh and design the way you interact with clients and partners.
- Defining innovation: It is a state of mind and not a technology
- Does your community promote decisionmaking through the use of open innovation, eparticipation, and co-design to improve its collective intelligence?
- Does your community learn, adapt, innovate and respond effectively to changing circumstances?
- How to implement the process: Reflect. Research. Design. Build. Evolve.
- Understanding your organisational structure to get started
Xavier HughesDeputy CEO, ICMA
International City/County Management Association USA
9:00 am - 11:00 am How to Collaborate With Other Government Sectors, Private Enterprises and Communities to Re-Design A Government That is Ready For the Digital Age
Cross- Collaboration for a Seamless Integrated Customer Experience
It's simple, better communication and education between government agencies will remove the complex layers of government and improve customer experience.
Join Workshop B to optimize your collaborative efforts and overcome the silos in government.
- Discussing the tools and advice to crosscollaborate with other government bodies with best practice models and communication
- How do we overcome the silos in government bodies and how is this impacting our businesses and citizens?
- Making it work! Identifying the key elements to in healthy sustainable partnerships
- Exploring integrated platforms that will support your digital strategy
- Overcoming the regulation and policy barriers to implement digital services: Identifying the most suitable person to speak to and how to present your business case.
Emma HallerDirector - Digital Transformation
Department of Justice and Attorney-General
11:00 am - 1:00 pm Building your Business Case with Proof of Concepts and User Experience Data to Drive Digital Capabilities Within The Organisation
A Business Case Informed by Data!
You’ve already embarked on your digital transformation journey but what if there was a better solution to deploy your services and policies quickly,cost-efficiently and sustainably.
How will you sell it benefits to your organisation?
This workshop will navigate the key components that make a successful business case so that you can move forward in your digital journey. Identify the key factors driving digital adoption and transactions within your government agency and put together a digital strategy to meet the needs of your customers.
- Funding is a major challenge: The types of business cases that will overcome the funding barrier and delve into strategies
- Measuring performances to design and build future experiences for the future: What does this look like to you when translated to a word document
- Identify the barriers within your agency that will inhibit innovation and digital transformation and how you can build your case around them
- How does your business case align with the 2025 vision?
- Share your successful and war stories: Making this a one-stop-shop to improve your business strategy to become a digital first agency
Peter BuckmasterDirector of Digital Design Experience
NSW Department of Education Joint Presentation