Housing & Residential Development Forum Conference Day One: Tuesday, 16 April 2019
Tuesday, April 16th, 2019
12:25 PM Addressing the affordable housing gap. Developing long-term strategies to cater to the rising demand for low and mid-income housing
According to JLL MENA, estimates suggest that only 25% of all the new units launched in the Middle East market in recent years have been affordable to the average family. We have been witnessing increasing pressure on both public and private developers to enhance affordable housing opportunities in the region to alleviate strain on citizens and the city.
This session will explore the key market challenges including.
- Understanding the gap. data analysis and how many projects are needed
- Financing and loan options for low-income segments
- Preserving the affordability factor. how to create policies which protect intended pricing tariffs
- Creating affordable communities. how to ensure the location of your housing projects are connected to affordable amenities including schools and retail outlets
1:05 PM Oman’s first pilot project – Insight into how this integrated housing development project is leading to reduced waiting times for Omani citizens
As the Project Director of Supreme Council of Oman, Yarub will share details on their first pilot project which integrated government and private funding stakeholders to create an integrated housing community.
Key question. How is this project solving the issue of land assignment waiting time for the citizens?
- How this has enhanced the mentality of buying properties across the region
- How they are overcoming the challenges of limited or no supporting transport infrastructure