Conference Day Two – Wednesday 30 Jan 2019
8:30 am - 9:00 am Morning Refreshment and Registration
8:50 am - 9:00 am Opening Remarks from the Chairperson
9:00 am - 9:40 am Mobile Esports at the Asian Games in 2018
- Discussing the positive implications of having Arena of Valor as mobile esports at the Asian Games
- Generating global reach and fan engagement through mobile esports
- Lessons learnt from the Asian Games and analysing positive implications for the mobile esports in the future
Ratna IrsanaDirector, Media and Public Relations
Indonesia Asian Games Organizing Committee (INASGOC)
9:40 am - 10:20 am Creating a Winning Strategy in the SEA’s Most Competitive Mobile Gaming Market: How to Win in Vietnam
This session will provide delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the extremely competitive mobile gaming market, explaining why some games have failed and deep diving into those that have had success in the market. The session will also look at practical strategies to ensure the successful launch, execution and monetisation of your mobile gaming in Vietnam.
Martin HaBusiness Director
10:20 am - 11:00 am Speed Networking and Morning Tea Break
11:00 am - 1:00 pm Mobile Gaming Interactive Roundtable Discussion
Delegates will get the opportunity to select 3 tables of their choice, each led by a roundtable host for a 40 minutes discussion. All 6 roundtables will kick start simultaneously, with delegates rotating after each 30 minute session. Discussion groups are deliberately kept small to ensure that all delegates get the interactive, multi-directional opportunity to ask their most pressing questions, thereby guaranteeing a perfectly tailored experience.
Strategy11:00 am - 1:00 pm Roundtable 1: Building Strategic Partnerships Across the Mobile Gaming Ecosystem for Long-Term Business Sustainability
Execution11:00 am - 1:00 pm Roundtable 2: Game Localisation and Culture- SEA Is not One Country!
This roundtable will focus on the importance of localising your game to ensure that your story and narrative complements the local cultures of the different countries within SEA. The roundtable will also touch on success stories and lessons learnt to enhance your user acquisition strategy.
Strategic11:00 am - 1:00 pm Roundtable 4: Ad Fraud and Mobile Gaming - Protecting your Mobile Ad Spend
Digital ad fraud costs advertisers in the APAC region over $39 million every day. As the cost and concern around ad fraud grow, how can you make sure your ad spend results in real users for your mobile game? TrafficGuard Founder, Luke Taylor, will lead a roundtable discussion exploring what mobile ad fraud looks like and approaches for protection. Join this session to discuss impacts of fraud and success stories of fraud prevention.
Luke TaylorFounder and Chief Operations Officer
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Lunch
2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Accelerating the Growth of Mobile Gaming in Malaysia through Esports
- Analysing the growing popularity of mobile gaming and esports in Malaysia
- Positioning Malaysia as a hub for esports and how this affects mobile gaming developments
- Reviewing current mobile esports tournaments in Malaysia and upcoming plans
- Discussing ongoing plans to further develop a robust mobile gaming and esports ecosystem in Malaysia
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Becoming the Netflix for Mobile Games: Goama’s Approach to Mobile Gaming in the Region
Taro Araya CEO Goama
Taro Araya CEO Goama
- Providing customers with access to over 400 mobile games via a subscription model
- Ensuring app monetisation through strategic partnerships with regional telecom operators
- Providing users with a centralised, neutral platform for game discovery and trials
- Analysing the future of subscription-based gaming models in emerging markets like SEA
3:20 pm - 3:50 pm Afternoon Networking & Refreshment Break
3:50 pm - 4:30 pm Monetising Mobile Games in India: Are Real-Money Strategies Applicable to SEA?
- Overcoming challenges in monetising mobile games in India- low monetisation rates for digital media
- Leveraging real money prizes and payouts to encourage in-game monetisation- lessons learnt and is this applicable for SEA?
- Focusing on ad revenue to monetise mobile games
- Localisation strategies for mobile games in SEA