Interactive Workshops: Monday, 24th June 2019
Monday, June 24th, 2019
12:00 PM Managing Ethics and Integrity in Risk and Governance to Ensure Transparency, Accountability and Optimise Organisational Performance
Culture plays an important part in risk and governance, so it is important to set the bar from the beginning and ensure you develop and build a culture of transparency and integrity to set a high expectation for honest behavior. As technology and outside disruptors continue to evolve the workforce and challenge ways of working, building the understanding of the importance of ethics and integrity will help your organisation in managing risks and upholding governance despite future changes. In this workshop, you will learn to redevelop your current framework to design and integrate ethics and integrity for future resilience and optimise organisational performance.
What will this workshop cover?
- Tone from the top - how to embed ethical culture policies in the future
- How to improve your correspondence throughout your organisation to develop better accountability structures and understanding among individuals and understanding of necessary changes
- Development of in-house programs and systems to be put in place to emphasise importance of integrity and ethics in situations for better response and higher resilience in future scenarios
- Cultivating your organisation’s positive reputation with dealing with ethics by refining strategies around your reporting regime and reporting misconduct
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 25th June 2019
Tuesday, June 25th, 2019
4:30 PM Integrating Risk Management and Good Governance in the Public Sector: What Does Good Practice Look Like?
This presentation will look at how to use existing governance frameworks, principles and practices to define corporate governance for public sector agencies and the challenges of whole of organisation governance and risk management, including:
- Practical approaches to develop an integrated governance framework that suits your public sector agency.
- Simplifying the focus and objectives of risk management and governance by reframing the approach to effectively equip all levels of the organisation to respond to future risks.
- Shaping an agile mindset to position your organisation in a way that can protect from internal or external factors that can affect governance and risk responses.
- Establishing conversations with staff and management on how misconduct should be treated and how to continuously adhere to standards around integrity and accountability.