Conference Day One: Tuesday, 3 September 2019
9:00 am - 9:30 am Coffee And Registration
9:30 am - 9:40 am Conference Opening
9:40 am - 10:20 am Market Update: What’s happened since the February 2018 launch of Australia’s New Payments Platform?
Over a year since its launch, check in on the progress the Platform has made to the Australian payments landscape in delivering real-time payments and hear about the new capabilities the NPP is developing.
- Emerging use cases including the Platform being used to support emergency payments to Australians facing financial hardship
- Evolving the NPP API Framework and API Sandbox to allow more organisations access to the Platform to grow their business
- Utilising the Platform’s ISO 20022 data capability to bring innovation to every day payment processing
- NPP QR code standards and how they will continue the Platform’s momentum past P2B and B2B
Katrina StuartHead of Engagement
New Payments Platform
10:20 am - 11:00 am Panel Discussion: What Does Industry Collaboration Need To Look Like In Order To Promote Interdependent Innovation & Implementation Of Payments Products?
An expanding ecosystem is a disruption in itself; a new prerogative is being placed on partnerships, how can these be established most successfully across the entire payments value chain?
- What do new and existing players need to understand about each other?
- The importance of developing group payment strategy for solution identification and onboarding
- Key examples of the role of collaboration in delivering customer driven payment solutions
- Positions on how partnership bolsters innovation directives on both sides and allow interoperability of payment mechanisms
Lucy AndersonHead of Payments Innovation
Australian Payments Network
Steve PriceHead of Payments
Jala ShortisSenior Manager Group Payments & Innovation
Vasa SrbinoskiVice President, Commercial Card Sales Treasury and Trade Solutions ANZ
11:00 am - 11:20 am Speed Networking
11:20 am - 11:40 am Morning Tea
11:40 am - 12:20 pm Trade Me Case Study- Establishing A Frictionless Online Marketplace By Embedding Open APIs And Real-Time Payment Capability Across B2B & B2C Customers
Trade Me is the largest multifaceted online NZ auction site: they are leveraging payments gateways at the heart of their offering to optimize both end user experience and workflow with instant and refined payment mechanisms- yielding successfully high market penetration and engagement proportional to the NZ population.
- Backgrounding payment experience to maximize user convenience and engagement with processes
- Elevating customer-seller dynamics with payments to allow smoother interaction between front-end to back-end operations and reduce working days in the pipeline
- Shaping APIs to excel user experience and coordinate with Open Banking API standards
Gerard CreamerHead of Payments
12:20 pm - 1:00 pm How Up Banking Is Pioneering An Innovative Payments Model To Engage With Customers That Also Employs Seamless Interaction With Existing Payments Platforms
Nimble entrants to the participating market are orienting their service development to pave the way for platform innovation. The team behind Up has been able to help reimagine online banking for Bendigo Bank and are now using tech-led banking in their own new Up partnered platform, to make the customer’s life easier when it comes to managing money. In this session Up will address:
- Conversational commerce and its impact on creating a unique offering to end-users
- Overcoming challenges in developing ‘backwards-compatible’ overlay architecture
- Providing meaningful feedback loops to the customer over their payments
Anson ParkerHead of Product
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch Break
2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Dealing With The Disruption Of IoT, Data And Blockchain In Payments To Inform And Improve Commercial Innovation Strategies
Developing the effective tools to handle payment method proliferation and evolving PayTech is becoming key to implementing the most relevant solutions and better achieve business objectives in line with customer-directed outcomes. In this interactive session, discuss strategies with peers across a diverse payments industry cross-section to:
- Identify the most important consumer trends to incorporate into product strategy
- Respond to externally led innovation to leverage the convergence of payments and data for greater personalisation of offerings
- Measure different perspectives on priority management to explore changing demands and needs of organsiations to maximise ROI on new services
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Case Study- Developing The Core Effective Tools And Internal Structures To Roll Out New Payment Products Across Its Whole Customer Base
An expanding arsenal of consumer expectations is leading to increasingly fragmented market demands; Bendigo have been able to manage large scale primary service delivery with real time payments alongside developing the capability for enabling new product initiatives in line with consumer demand to boost satisfaction. In this session learn how Bendigo & Adelaide looks to:
- Onboard in-house capabilities to lead the way for empowering customer autonomy
- Update internal infrastructure to allow smooth delivery and integration of new payment methods
- Leveraging partnerships to establish solid core elements and free assets to focus on customer innovation
- Manage a more efficient way of testing and launching new strategic payment solutions
Kate ByrneHead of Payments & NPP
Bendigo & Adelaide Bank
3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Afternoon Tea
3:40 pm - 4:20 pm J.P Morgan Case Study – Stripping Out International Payment Inefficiencies And Capitalizing On Revenue Opportunities Through Blockchain Innovation And Inter-bank Collaboration
International payments are yet the Achilles’ heel for organizations which currently lose out on larger cross-border market opportunities due to system inefficiencies & security gaps. With an ultimate aim of improving customer experience, Pete will talk on JP Morgan’s journey to improve merchant experience through a suite of innovations starting from blockchain to the advent of open banking based innovations to truly deliver a seamless and cutting-edge payments experience. In this session, Pete will cover:
- Market intel - growth in e-commerce international payment flows
- Benefits for e-Commerce merchants partnering with a global banking partner such as J.P Morgan for multiple markets
- J.P Morgan international payment innovation – interbank information network & Global Mass Pay
- Trend for online fintech international payment providers partnering with global banks such as J.P Morgan
Pete KoonerHead of Product, Treasury Services ANZ
4:20 pm - 5:00 pm Making It Mobile- Personalise Your Payments
Australian smartphone penetration reached 84.3% in the Australian population this year, but does not preclude mobile solutions as a be-all end-all. The key measure that will shape mobile innovation is Usage: how can businesses deliver a product that interacts with the consumer on deeper levels, when they now have the ability to connect with them anywhere?
- What do Mobile Payments mean for the future of payments innovation in your organisations?
- The opportunities in mCommerce to encapsulate innovative tools to drive engagement through streamlined online service including features like AR and social commerce
- The rise of mobile payment platforms and determining customer-led priority management of integrating and supporting new services